Muscat: Israeli forces intensified airstrikes on southern Lebanon, killing and wounding dozens despite a ceasefire that began on 16 April 2026 and was extended for a second time last Friday for an additional 45 days. Lebanon's Health Ministry said Israeli strikes killed 19 people in the south. The death toll from an airstrike on the town of Deir Qanoun Al Nahr rose to 10, including three children and three women, with three others wounded, among them a girl.
According to Oman News Agency, nine people, including one woman, were killed and 29 others injured in strikes targeting the Nabatieh and Tyre districts, the ministry said. The ministry said earlier that the overall death toll from Israeli aggression on Lebanon had risen to 3,042, with 9,301 wounded.