The World Health Organization on Monday said the global risk from the deadly virus in China was "high", admitting an error in its previous reports that said it was "moderate".
The UN health body said in a situation report published late Sunday that the risk was "very high in China, high at the regional level and high at the global level."
In a footnote, the WHO said there had been an "error" in previous communications published on Thursday, Friday and Saturday which "incorrectly" said the global risk was "moderate".
Asked for more detail, WHO spokeswoman Fadela Chaib said only that it was "an error in the wording".
Source: National News Agency