Muscat, The Sultanate of Oman and the Arab Republic of Egypt signed at Al Alam Palace today six Memoranda of Understanding (MoUs), two agreements, three executive programmes and letters of cooperation in various fields.
The pacts come within the context of the official visit of President Abdul Fattah el Sisi of the Arab Republic of Egypt to the Sultanate of Oman.
The pacts came as follows:
- MoU between the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Investment Promotion and the Egyptian Competition Authority on cooperation in promoting competition and combating monopolistic practices.
- MoU between the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Investment Promotion and the General Authority for Investment and Free Zones in Egypt in the field of investment promotion.
- MoU between the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Investment Promotion and the Egyptian Export Promotion Centeronexports development.
- MoU between the Public Establishment for Industrial Estates and the Egyptian Industrial Development Authority in the field of establishing and managing industrial estates.
- MoU between Oman’s Environment Authority and the Egyptian Ministry of Environment in the field of environment protection.
- Initial MoU on mutual recognition of the marine qualification certificates for navigators and shift works issued by the Sultanate of Oman and the Arab Republic of Egypt.
- Initial cooperation agreement in the field of maritime transport and ports.
- Cooperation agreement between Sultan Qaboos University and the Egyptian National Research InstituteofAstronomy and Geophysics.
- Executive programme for cooperation in the field of youth and sports between the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Youth and the Egyptian Ministry of Youth and Sports for the years (2023-2025).
- Executive program for technical cooperation in the fields of labour and training for 2022.
- Executive program for cooperation in the field of higher education, research and innovation for the years (2022 - 2023 - 2024).
The pacts were signed on behalf of Oman’s government by Sayyid Badr bin Hamad Al Busaidi, Foreign Minister, whilst they were signed on behalf of the Egyptian government by Sameh Shoukry, Foreign Minister.
The Egyptian Foreign Minister affirmed to Oman News Agency (ONA) that these pacts would boost cooperation between Oman and Egypt, pointing out that they also represent an addition for the distinguished relations between the two countries.
On his turn, Sayyid Badr said that these pacts complement a set of previous agreements signed between Oman and Egypt, adding that there will be more cooperation between the two sides, particularly in the economic areas.
He affirmed to (ONA) that the two countries look forward to augment the volume of trade and investment exchange through the Omani-Egyptian Joint Action Committee and other departments concerned. This drive, said Sayyid Badr, reflects the approach of the two leaderships to enhance all that serve interests of their countries and peoples.
Source: Oman News Agency