Oman never delivered a message to Iran from the United States that concerned the drone that was shot down by Tehran last week, Muscat’s Foreign Ministry said on Monday on Twitter. The Sultanate added that all sides in the dispute must exercise restraint.

A Reuters report from Friday said the US contacted Oman the night before to send a message to Tehran that Washington is ready to bomb Iran and to demand talks instead. The news came last week after US media suggested that President Donald Trump first authorized an attack on Iran, but called off the strikes at the last minute, against the advice of top national security officials.

Source: National New Agency