Muscat, The National Centre for Statistics and Information (NCSI) data shows that the number of Omanis registered in pension/retirement funds of the public sector (Civil Service, Diwan of Royal Court and Central Bank of Oman) till May 2021 declined by 0.1% (compared to April 2021) to 187,897, of them 55.8% males and 44.2% females.
Preliminary statistics show that there are three subscription-based segments registered in different wage bands.
– The first segment, a total of 52,542 Omanis registered in public sector funds, receives salaries ranging from RO 1,000 to less than RO 2,000.
– The second segment (36,681 Omanis) receives RO 700 to less than RO 800.
– The third segment (25,630) receives between RO 900 and less than RO 1000.
Age-wise, statistics show that Omanis registered in the above-mentioned public sector funds fall in 3 segments, as indicated below:
– 39,883 beneficiaries aged 30-34 years.
– 42,159 beneficiaries aged 40-44 years.
– 53,913 beneficiaries aged 35-39 years.
Source: Oman News Agency