Chairman of the Middle East Airlines, Mohammad Hout, said Monday that scores of Lebanese stranded in Congo, Italy, Spain and Turkey will return to Lebanon tomorrow as several flights have been scheduled.

“Tomorrow, there will be flights coming from Kinshasa, Madrid, Italy and also Istanbul,” Hout told a news conference.

He indicated that the repatriation plan would cost USD 20 million, and that his company could not chip in to mitigate the financial burden. But, he noted, travel fees had been fixed at cost price.

“I am not ready to use the company’s cash on hand amid a crisis that we don’t know when it ends,” he said.

“The company’s monthly losses amount to USD 35 million in this phase,” he added.

Hout did not fail to applaud MEA staff who are putting themselves at risk.

Source: National News Agency

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

For security, use of Google's reCAPTCHA service is required which is subject to the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

I agree to these terms.